Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Cooking Rut

Like I've said before, I'm not a chef, but I love to cook.
Ever notice how after awhile you find yourself cooking the same dishes?  Well I have a couple of bad habits that make me "duplicating" a meal, impossible.  I never follow a recipe or measure what I put into a dish.
My kids will say "Awesome dinner dad, now if you only knew what you put in it!"
 I remember watching a show awhile back that was on a braising dish.  Well I've cooked stuff that is in essence "braising", I think.  Anyway I am not positive of all the terms , so don't quote me!




I seasoned the pan with garlic salt, poultry seasoning, red pepper flakes, ground cumin and chipotle seasoning.
While the pan was warming, I chopped the onion.





 



I put the chicken in it's oil bath searing it.

                        
                                                                             
  


After it was nice and brown I put the onions in the oil and juices, added some minced garlic, lemon juice, lime juice, chili powder and Sriracha hot sauce (just a little of each for flavor, this is not a spicy dish).




 




I then put a can of whole peeled tomatoes, put the chicken back in and put the lid on for 25 minutes to simmer.




I removed the lid broke up the tomatoes gave it a stir and let it simmer for another 25 minutes with the lid off.
                                                                      


I then sliced the chicken and put it over some white rice covering everything with the tomato and onion sauce and sat down to enjoy.  This one is a keeper, now what the heck did I say I put in...?
Anyway, enough rambling for today, tomorrow is just a short sleep away...

No comments:

Post a Comment