Wednesday, February 20, 2013

You Get What You Pay For

Ever notice how somethings you gotta pay up, to get the real goods?  If you've read my Blogs, you'd know that I tend to keep my stuff a long time. 
Gotta say I'm a little disappointed, but we'll get to that shortly.




I got this Makita 1/2" drill as a gift in 1991 and is is still my got to drill when I need some power.  I have 3 cordless drills, but this is the monster.




I got this Makita Hypoid saw in 1992, again as a gift.  The brushes have never even been changed!!!




I bought this this Makita table saw, probably about 7 1/2 to 8 years ago, I have put it through a lot and it still looks new!



This SnapOn 1/2" ratchet came in a set that I got (yup, as a gift), in 1989.  The only thing I've had to replace was a 3/8" 3" extension.









Now for the disappointment.  I bought this Denmark 8 QT, stainless Multi Cooker, ± a month ago.  The bottom is already warped.  It has mostly been used for pasta...





  



I made some chili tonight using it and was not happy with the rocky rollie action!




It was inexpensive, but I did not expect this.  Oh, well you get what you pay for.  Chili came out good anyway.






 And yes there is a lot in it.  Hamburger, white onion, red onion, artichoke halves, bell pepper, celery, corn, chipotle, salt, pepper, Sriracha, cinnamon, chili powder, garlic, honey, a little oregano and basil.  Cleared my sinuses!
Anyway, enough rambling for today, tomorrow is just a short sleep away...

No comments:

Post a Comment